RdMise is a navigation script for rdmsoft.com. In fact, you're using it now. Current features are:
- Linked "Breadcrumb" navigation.
- Hierarchy (tree structure) of page nodes used to generate menus.
- XML site structure file.
- Separate files for each page to make custom scripting easier.
- Simple application API.
- Simple MySQL connection code.
- Administrative login using HTTP Digest Authentication.
- Search application using the Yahoo! Search API.
- RdCode - template tags and application inclusion.
- Custom 404 Not Found page.
- Logging for 404 errors, searches, and proxies.
- Partial HTTP caching support.
- Simple URLs with Apache's mod_rewrite.
- Site design:
- Conformant HTML 4.01 strict and CSS.
- Looks best in Gecko 1.7+ (Firefox 1.0 and later), Safari 2, and Opera 9. Also works in Gecko 1.0 and Internet Explorer 6/7.
- Compatible with text-only browsers and screen readers.
- Separation of presentation from content, speeding up the site and making design changes easier.
- Scalable/liquid - works at all resolutions.
- Server-side code:
- PHP, with XML and Curl extensions.
- Tested with PHP4.4 and PHP 5.1 on Apache 1.3, Apache 2.0, and IIS 5.1.
I plan to release RdMise at some point, but for now I'm only testing. Ease of installation/setup needs a *lot* of work.