- Got out of hospital yesterday.
- Had 2 counts of vertebroplasty. Follow-up appointment in 6 weeks.
- Slowly catching up on my information firehose.
- My music player died. Couldn't find anybody willing to perform surgery on it.
- Hospital is fine when you know your arrival and departure times.
- You feel like everyone's your friend until you realise your name's on the board above your head.
- I found myself combing my hair for lack of anything better to do. Pretty low.
- I have a bandage on my wrist and I keep looking at it for the time.
- Hospital food ain't half bad. I'd say two-thirds, tops.
- Hack of the day: using the Patientline screen as a light to do sudoku. And write this.
- Weirdest. Snoring. Ever.
- I get the feeling when they say "squeeze my hands as hard as you can", they don't really mean it.
- Butter: Allergy advice: Contains milk.
- Fucking pedal bins.
- Friends are awesome.
- Probably overdid it today. Need to rest properly, but I don't wanna give up.
- I have a tendency to feel like I should change in some big way now, but maybe really I'm just changing all the time.
- Some time soon I might have to stop asking myself questions and start answering them.
Patience never ever knows
- Pub quiz tomorrow. Fran'dabi'dozi!
- Back to school Wednesday. Should probably start on homework before then.
- Eye test next Monday. Will be interesting to see how much more blind I am.
- Surgery next Wednesday, 16th April. Finally getting the back operation (vertebroplasty, probably kyphoplasty), will be off school Wednesday, Thursday, and possibly Friday.
- School ends 23rd May. Exams annoyingly start two days before that.
- Latitude Festival 17th-20th July. All the cool kids are going. Well, some of the cool kids. Well, me. And I like to pretend to be cool sometimes, so that counts, right?
- Exam results August. Three As or it wasn't worth it.
- Leeds University September. Unless Gill finds some way to blackmail me.
A while ago I'd be scared to think of even these little bits of my life planned out. My feelings are still mixed, but I think I like having some vague direction.
Now, should I get a haircut? Shave? Have corn flakes for breakfast? Answers on a postcard. Or in the feedback form, whichever is most convenient. I need your guidance.
Just so you know
I'm not bothering doing anything for April Fools'. I'm going to bed after I post this and I don't plan on getting up until noon.
The past few days have been confusing. Not that I want it to stop. Big things.