It was in fact possible to make rdmsoft.com/ more green. I made some minor design changes whilst notblogging, and added a box to the home page saying what I'm doing in a few categories that I'll try to keep up to date. I'm fairly sure it's now too green, but I'm equally sure nobody really cares anyway.
To go with that, I fought PHP and won to produce images based on that data so I can hackishly embed it into other pages. What possessed me to write my own word-wrap code, I'm not sure, but it works:
I probably, no, wait, definitely watch too much telly. It doesn't really help that I found a torrent tracker recently with loads of good stuff on it.
In my defence, I'm only half-watching "I'm a Celebrity..."...
ChatZilla 0.9.79, stuff
ChatZilla 0.9.79 was released recently. It's mostly minor bug fixes, and I only contributed a few tiny patches, but I thought I'd mention it here anyway.
Releasing software without testing it at all is a bad idea. But that's exactly what I did with the ChatZilla/XULRunner package for 0.9.79. Luckily, Gijs pointed out there was an error message on startup, so I fixed the builds, actually tested, and uploaded them again. Two users got the broken builds via automatic update, then got the fixed builds within 24 hours, which made me feel a bit better about the whole thing.
Things I learnt whilst notblogging
- Buying music is still somewhat worth it.
- It was in fact possible to make rdmsoft.com/ more green.
- Awesomebar is awesome.
- People don't look at the sky enough.
- Halloween doesn't necessarily suck.
- Thunderbird plus Lightning is a decent calendar app.
- I don't do much that's useful to record on a calendar.
- Fridays are fun.
- Thursdays are funny.
- I probably watch too much telly.
- Drama makes the world go round.
- Dark chocolate KitKats are nice.
- There might be something to this movie lark after all.
- We're doing two maths exams in January instead of one.
- People are idiots.
- The Government employs people.
- HTML is hard.
- Drag and drop in Firefox 3 is pretty.
- Releasing software without testing it at all is a bad idea.
- This is one of the best xkcd comics.
- I need kyphoplasty of my 9th thoracic vertebrae and vertebroplasty of my 8th and 10th.
- Celebrity magazines are strange.
- I have good teeth.
- One sentence doesn't do most of these thoughtbits justice.
(notblog, verb, to own an inactive weblog.)
This is not a blog post.