I'm settling in to using Thunderbird now, and I've installed a few extensions:
- Quote Colors is something I missed from Gmail. When a message has had a few replies with quotes, it gets hard to track who said what, so these quoted parts get colour-coded.
- Allow Empty Subject is a quick and neat hack that lets me send lank emails faster when I'm testing stuff.
- Contacts Sidebar is, I suppose, something I missed from Outlook Express. It lists my address book below the mail folder list.
- Open Long Url is something Gmail had. If someone sends me a long http link and it gets cut between lines, this extension provides an easy way to put it back and visit the site.
- Quick Reply is very useful. It lets me reply, er, quickly.
I personally would like to see the Contacts Sidebar integrated into Thunderbird before 1.0.
I also used some tips to disable HTML email.
Feedback is closed. Feel free to contact me privately.