Opera and stuff
I just got a registered copy of Opera 8.10 preview (it's free today), and it's not looking too bad, at least not compared to my previous experiences. A few observations:
- "Opera Standard" skin is icky. There's no reason why Windows Native shouldn't be default.
- No history/autocomplete in the search box.
- No throbber, not even as an option.
- I couldn't find any way to get a global "Close Tab" button.
- Scrollbar buttons go disabled when you get to the top/bottom of the page, which is a slight distraction.
- There's always a 1 pixel border around the page.
- I can't focus links properly with the keyboard. Tab only navigates forms, which doesn't make sense to me.
- Caching is a bit aggressive - I had to manually refresh this page after logging in to make it show the posting form.
- The IRC client lets you connect with an empty nickname, which blatently doesn't work.
- No right-clicking on the bookmarks menu.
Despite those minor annoyances, I'm happy that 8.10 renders this site a lot better than 8.0 did. IE7, your turn!
It obviously doesn't have an agressive input spell checker, either. / Comment from Michael Tunnicliffe on 30 Aug 2005 at 22:51.
Arse. / Comment from Robert Marshall on 31 Aug 2005 at 10:58.
Feedback is closed. Feel free to contact me privately.