Worms 4: Mayhem: Demo: First Impressions
I downloaded the Worms 4 Demo, and decided to make a post with too many colons in the title.
- When I got it, the only host for the download was Codemasters, and they require registration for access to download links. Fixed with BugMeNot. Direct link: wormsdemopc.exe.
- InstallShield thinks people care about its brand. Just install, damnit.
- Both the installer and the start menu group are encouraging me to become a Code M member. Being a Code M member is the only way to get the demo. Fools.
- The Codemasters name is more prominent than Team17, the actual developers. Though that doesn't really surprise me.
- This might not be the game's fault, but Kerio Personal Firewall (4.2.0RC2) wouldn't let the game run until I added it to the buffer overflow whitelist.
- The game refuses to minimize, so I can't be bothered actually playing it at the moment.
- When I click Quit, I have to watch a splash screen for a few seconds. Not major, just unnecessarily annoying.
Feedback is closed. Feel free to contact me privately.