It's that time again...
Database design. Bah. I'll post the current structure I'm planning for my feed reader so that people can get confused with / poke holes in / plan security exploits for it.
- fid - Autoincremented primary key.
- homeurl - URL of the HTML version.
- feedurl - URL of the RSS feed.
- enabled - If 1, the feed should be checked.
- failcount - Incremented by 1 each time the feed fails. Set to 0 each time the feed is successfully checked.
- visible - If 0, the feed and all new items from it are only visible to the admin.
- fid - Secondary key.
- iid - Autoincremented primary key.
- starred - If 1, the admin has marked this as interesting.
I'll start off with a links-only reader for RSS 2.0 feeds, and see what I feel like adding in later versions.
Oh, and about PHP5 support. I can't be arsed.
I posted my RdSplay table layout, then I changed my mind. Table "items" Removed "fid". Table "itemsources" iid - Item ID. fid - ... / Trackback from rdmsoft.com Blog on 16 Jul 2005 at 22:18.
Feedback is closed. Feel free to contact me privately.